By Fred Truyen and Ana Schultze
Do you want to know what happens behind the scenes of museums, archives and libraries? Have you ever wondered what these organisations do to share their collections with audiences? Would you like to learn how to build a strong digital community for cultural heritage?
If your answer is yes, then the MOOC “Creating a Digital Cultural Heritage Community” is for you! In this MOOC, professionals and volunteers in cultural heritage institutions, as well as teachers, students and amateurs, can learn how to create user engagement with digital cultural heritage. Professors and staff members from the KU Leuven master’s program in Cultural Studies will dive deeper into both theory and practice of digital curation, annotation and many other topics.
What you’ll learn
- How to create and reflect on user engagement with online collections
- How to curate and annotate digital cultural heritage
- What strategies can be used to educate audiences
- How to access and use digital repositories and platforms
- How to creatively engage with photography and dance content.
Have you ever wondered how to use digital collections to create new ways of engaging and inspiring audiences? Enroll now and take this course for free!